Chapter 44 of Isaiah begins with another powerful No Fear passage. God is sending the Israelites more encouragement to help them face those long years that were coming during their exile in Babylon. The words of encouragement are just as real and profound for us today! Ancient words with help and love written all over them from our God. Isaiah 44:1-3
“But now listen, Jacob, my servant,
Israel, whom I have chosen.
2 This is what the Lord says—
he who made you, who formed you in the womb,
and who will help you:
Do not be afraid, Jacob, my servant,
Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.
3 For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring,
and my blessing on your descendants.
Here are truths and promises I can claim as a believer in Jesus from this passage:
- I am chosen by God and special to Him verse 1. 1 Thessalonians 1:4 “For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you
- God created me and knew me before I was even born verse 2. Psalm 139:13 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.”
- God promises to help me during my life verse 2. Psalm 28:7 “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.“
- God says I can live without fear because He chose me, blesses and helps me verse 2. Romans 8:15 “The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” Galatians 3:26 “So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith,”
- God promises to pour out His Spirit upon me and bless me verse 3. John 16:3 “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.”
- As a child of God, my descendants and I will receive blessings verse 3. Deuteronomy 30:19 “This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.”
God meant for us to find and claim these verses as God had placed them repeatedly throughout scripture. Which of these will you claim in your life today? Are you in need of feeling special to God? See verse 1. Are you doubting that God created you for a purpose in a special way? See verse 2. Are you doubting God will help you in your current circumstances? See verse 2. Are you living in fear because of your current situation or pressures in your life? See verse 2. Do you need an outpouring of God’s Holy Spirit upon you today? See verse 3. Are you concerned about your children and grandchildren? See verse 3.
God’s Word is complete and has answers and hope for all of life’s situation! Praise God 2 Samuel22:31 speaks of the flawlessness of God’s Word and how it can be our shield for living. “As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.” David gives the same idea in Psalm 18:30,“As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.” Solomon also says in Proverbs 30:5 “Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.” Why not claim God’s promises over you life today and use His word as your shield for living?