What journey does God have you on this summer? Can you find your way or do you need a direction reminder? Look to Jesus and He will show you the way to go.
Blessings on your journey. Linda
1 John 5:11-12
And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. (ESV)
Promise: God promises eternal life through Jesus and death to those who do not know Jesus.
We live in an age of tolerance and it is not thought to be polite, proper or loving to say that there is only one way to God. Many would espouse the idea that there are many pathways to God. God’s word does not allow for tolerance of other ways to reach a relationship with God. God specifically says that Jesus is the only way to come before God and have life in Him. Knowing Jesus is the only way to heaven and eternal life with God. Stand firm and keep ahold of this basic truth for true salvation demands it.
Lessons and Truths:
1. Faith in Jesus results in eternal life.
2. Not believing in Jesus brings death.
3. Jesus is God’s son sent to save us.
Prayer: Lord, you are immutable and do not waver on the truth of how I can have eternal life. Your word is true and shows us the only way to salvation is through your Son. Help me to stand firm on your word and proclaim Jesus as my Savior. Give me compassion for those who doubt and words to encourage them towards faith in Jesus. Amen.
What is my response to God’s promise?
Who do I know that needs to know Jesus as savior?
Do I know the steps to receiving Jesus as savior?
1. Confess that you are a sinner. Romans 3:10-12, 23 1John 1:8-10
2. Believe that Jesus, the Son of God, went to the cross for my sins and rose from the dead. Jesus is the only way to restore our relationship with God that was broken by sin. John 3:16-18, John 14:6, Romans 5:8-9, Romans 6:4
3. Pray and ask Jesus to come into your heart as your Lord and Savior. John 1:12-13, 2Corinthians 1:21-22 and 5:17.
Promise Confirmation: Jonah 2: 8-9, John 3:16-18, John 14:6, Acts 4:12, Romans 6:23.